[WikiEN-l] Spoiler Boilerplates

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 02:05:30 UTC 2006

On 6/24/06, Zero <megamanzero521 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  As I recall making a comment earlier on the wikipeida talkpage, none of  the defensive editors could answer ethier. "I'm sorry, but most people  like them". I don't paticularly concern myself too much in the practice  of  the matter on an emotional level, but I am very inclined to  question the relevance. As of my most recent e-mail, I asked how the  template assisted the encyclopedia or its goals or if there were any  edvidence of its informative capacity. The questions still haven't been  answered. -Zero

The template assists the encyclopaedia and its goals as follows:
* It builds trust in our readership - trust that we value them and
their enjoyment of reading us
* It would allow us to collect information on which movies/books/tv
shows are deemed "spoilable"

It is informative as follows:
* It describes the specific presence and nature of a spoiler within a
given article
* It permits a separation of the plot, separating that which spoils
from that which doesn't.
* It allows readers who do not wish to be "spoilt" to read the whole
rest of the article without fear.

Steve