[WikiEN-l] Spoiler Boilerplates

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 02:00:01 UTC 2006

On 6/24/06, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> The dichotomy of "editors" not being "users" is false.  We're a subset
> of readership.  We should not use our judgement to assume what readers
> want arbitrarily, but using common sense is different.  Spoiler

Of course we should. We're here to write an encyclopaedia. For
readers. Who will never tell us what they want. We have to make
thousands of assumptions in that process. What fonts to use? Unicode
or ASCII? Should [[Georgia]] be about the US state or the country? Or
neither? Are photos or diagrams better? Should we use thumbnails or
larger images?

A bit of intuition, discussion, and yes, common sense, go a long way
in answering these quetsions.

Steve