[WikiEN-l] And you thought Pokémon was trivial...

Zero megamanzero521 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 01:13:12 UTC 2006

Zero <megamanzero521 at Yahoo.com> wrote:

  >  On 6/23/06, George William Herbert wrote:

  > That would be a ideal wiki-project to implement, certainly more  useful than these sub projects that pop up every five minutes for the  lastest fad down the street.

>>Quick poking around finds:
>>WikiProject Fact and Reference Check

>>This project seems somewhat aligned with this goal, but it seems to
combine fact checking with reference addition activities.

>>It also seems, as a project, to be not moving very quickly at the moment.

>>Would working within that structure be useful, or a new project?

  I would certianly believe so. Its sounds pretty good, but I would go as  so far to advocate that sourcing many articles in wikipedia should be a  policy. Not sourcing major articles with largely dubious facts and  summeries is unacceptable and should be a blockable offense with  possibility of arbitration and ultimately an indefinite block on the  egregious offender.

  However, the current policy, which allows editors to remove dubious  content which lacks sources is okay, but leaves the editting space open  to edit conflicts over disputed material. Unsourced articles are a  large factor in why wikipedia needs much work from its editors. -Zero

--
-george william herbert
gherbert at retro.com / george.herbert at gmail.com