[WikiEN-l] Oversight log

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 22:51:59 UTC 2006

> I think people are seriously underestimating the seriousness of some
> personal privacy violations.

I am curious as to what situations could have happened here.

Coming from almost 20 years experience in Usenet, having trolls and
kooks show up and sometimes post people's home addresses and phone
numbers and work contact info including boss and so on... most of
these blow over without any notable harm other than people's
sensitivity.

I would be less happy with my Social Security Number or Drivers
License going up somewhere, but I've had my home address and phone
number spammed by nuts.

--
-george william herbert
gherbert at retro.com / george.herbert at gmail.com