[WikiEN-l] What is "spam?"

Nathan lists at home.nathanr.com
Fri Jun 23 15:31:35 UTC 2006

Quite right. I changed all my IM accounts to some variation of
nathanrdotcom in 2002 after dealing with a lot of harassment.

At the time I registered here on Wikipedia, User:Nathan was taken.

I've had the same Wikipedia username since February and nobody's commented
on it until now. I think it's perfectly fine and there's only one person
with a problem with it. I'm hardly co-opting Wikipedia for my own personal
gain nor am I in any way disrupting it to advertise (I'm aware of WP:NOT).
It would be different if my username was..let's say.. nathanr.com or
www.nathanr.com, then that would be blatant advertising, but it's not and
it isn't.

- Nathan (User:nathanrdotcom)

Will wrote:
I had a friend who's email address was (let's call her Jane)
janedotcodotuk at aol.co.uk.

And in Nathan's case, Nathan and Nathanr was already taken.