[WikiEN-l] 3RR policy proposal: No "Gotcha" rule

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:02:01 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, Rob <gamaliel8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/23/06, Warren Blanco <fireislandparadise at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Unfortunately, admins seem increasingly willing to block without regard to
> > warnings, a practiced that assumes bad faith.
>
> I think admins are generally able to ascertain when a block is
> warranted and when it is not.

Exactly. This statement, as is so typical, assumes bad faith about
admins, while decrying assumptions of bad faith.

> Do we really need to add yet more
> policy to cover this?

No, and especially not bad policy.  This idea would give any editor
license to revert as many times as they wanted, until they were
finally "officially warned" to stop reverting.  Then they could come
back 24 hours later, and again revert as many times as they wanted
until they were "officially warned".  It's a license for 4, 5, or more
reverts on any article, as long as you're quick enough on the revert
button, or your opponents aren't wise enough to post that formal
warning before you get your reverts in.

Jay.