[WikiEN-l] I like Wikipedia!

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 12:25:35 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  There's been lots of whingeing lately about evil admins taking over.
Just wanted to say, I still love Wikipedia, and spend hours there
every day. I do quite a lot of editing on an extremely diverse range
of subjects, and participate in a broad range of Wikipedia community
activities, of which WP:FPC and WP:DYK are probably my favourites. I
come into contact with lots of different editors, and by and large, I
think they're great, and the vast majority that I encounter are well
and truly there to build an encyclopaedia.

In my 4000 or so edits, I've had the misfortune to witness one or two
petty fights, but rarely get involved. I don't think I've been the
victim of any serious personal attacks, and have only once witnessed
blatant, sustained POV-pushing. I've never been on the wrong end of
admin misdeeds, and with only two minor exceptions, I think they do a
great job.

I adore browsing random topics, splitting and merging articles as
needed, and generally trying to organise information to make it as
useful as possible.

There probably are all sorts of tensions going on at the talk pages of
major pages, but there are so many topics that still don't even have
articles (Les Bidochon, one of France's more well-known comic strips
is one), so it's easy to avoid those problems - if one wants to.

Just a dose of WikiLove for you all :)

Steve