[WikiEN-l] Non-office OFFICE actions

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:17:55 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> Per [[WP:LIVING]], we can't say that without a source.

#
# ^ "Right-wing activist jailed for cheque thefts", The Independent,
28 November 1992, p. 2.
# ^ records of the Court of Appeal, case number T19921351

> I assume that this is a piece of UK law, which probably doesn't apply to
> Wikipedia since the servers and the WMF are based in Florida. However,
> IANAL, and the UK has some wacky defamation/anti-libel laws, so anything
> could happen.

No UK law against mention spent convictions. Otherwise tabloids would
never be out of court. Foundation doesn't have any UK assets and there
is not reason for any of the board memeber to enter the UK.

> Provided it's sourced, of course.

It is.

> It's been AFD'ed twice, and kept both times. At present it's
> semi-protected, which is the appropriate action to take when extensive
> IP/sockpuppet vandalism has taken place.

It has been blanked by a member of OTRS. Admins have already ben
slightly made aware of the problem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/IncidentArchive110#Sussexman

Where exactly are they going wrong?

--