[WikiEN-l] And you thought Pokémon was trivial...

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 23 01:32:13 UTC 2006

Sue Reed wrote:
> They are not sourced and there are a bunch of statements like "The reason often given for its retirement ..."

There are three external links at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Price_Is_Right_pricing_games>
that have detailed descriptions of the various specific games:

*[http://www.cbs.com/daytime/price/games/plinko.shtml Official CBS
website,  games archive]
*[http://www.golden-road.net/modules/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pricing_game_notes
Pricing Game Timeline and Notes] from Golden-Road.net (I had to repair
this one, the link 404ed previously)
*[http://gscentral.net/pricing1.htm The TPIR Pricing Game Directory]
Features extensive descriptions and screengrabs of all current and past
pricing games.

I haven't done anything like an extensive comparison (I glanced at ten
or so of the articles picked at random) but from the amount of
information I've seen for each game they could well be the source for
much if not all of the content of these articles. Might do well for a
start to paste this external links section into all of the individual
game articles.

The current arrangement looks like a reasonable way of organizing this
information to me, merging them all into one big article on pricing
games would result in a monsterously huge article. The description from
the initial posting on this thread,

> And what do we have to say about them? Analyses, statistics, etc? Nah,
> just when it showed up, and when it went.

_greatly_ misrepresents what I'm seeing here, most of these articles
have a detailed description of how it works and a substantial "trivia"
section with a list of other facts about it.

This is actually quite fascinating, I had no idea there were fans of the
Price is Right who'd keep track of all this sort of stuff. :)