[WikiEN-l] Oversight log

Mark Wagner carnildo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 22:13:16 UTC 2006

On 6/22/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I sound like I'm attacking a strawman here, but I honestly
> don't think I've seen a good reason why people think this tool is
> dangerous. Please, someone, give me a scenario where this could be
> used badly, where the ability to expunge deleted revisions is somehow
> harmful in a way that a public log would prevent...

Person A vandalizes a biographical article, replacing believable
claims to notability with unbelievable ones.  Person B, not realizing
that the article was vandalized, lists it for deletion.  Person C
reverts the vandalism.  Person A's edit is vanished.

At this point, to anyone looking through the article history, it
appears that person B is attacking the subject of the article, trying
to get that article deleted.

--
Mark
[[User:Carnildo]]