[WikiEN-l] "the experiment" - did it work?

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:34:11 UTC 2006

This sounds like a great first project for some of the stats groups
getting started (Erik Garrison, call your office...)

My personal guess, based on some hasty stats months ago, is that the
rate of good-new-article creation dropped, the rate of bad-new-article
creation dropped by a bit less, and the rate of worrisome-vandalism
(not the obvious kind) didn't drop at all.  I would like to see a
serious stats breakdown, from before, during, and after the change to
know better what's going on.

Interesting statistics: rate of reverts, rate of speedy-deleted
articles, rate of AfD entries, rate of new user creation, rate of new
users created who never edit, rate of creation of articles that never
get more than one major edit, rate of good additions to AFC, rate of
good additions to AFC that never get turned into an article...

SJ