[WikiEN-l] "the experiment" - did it work?

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 18:23:23 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com> wrote:
> It already sounds way too complicated to me. The more complicated you make it,
> the more unintended consequences there are likely to be, the more failure modes
> there are and the more unwieldy it gets to edit the Wikipedia.
>
> We *want* people to contribute to the Wikipedia, it got where it is today by
> being incredibly quick and easy to edit.
>
> Adding some review process to the wikipedia, which may never, ever finish?? Why?

I think that there would be user value in having available a
human-reviewed WP derivative of some sort.

I see the logical process as being a separate project.  It could be a
WP project, or another outside project.  Not a fork, but a grooming
process for articles.  All contributions made at WP, versions found to
be stable and useful then "promoted" to live on otherPedia.

--
-george william herbert
gherbert at retro.com / george.herbert at gmail.com