[WikiEN-l] "the experiment" - did it work?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 21 16:10:29 UTC 2006

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that effect is undone by the amount of logged
> in newbies.
> Was there a spike in AFD entries at the time? - ~~~~

This is exactly my point. It should be entirely possible to dig up the
actual numbers and make a pretty graph to show objectively whether the
policy change had effects like this, but nobody has. So _nobody knows_.
Or if they do, they haven't published their results anywhere publicly -
in the email that sparked me off on this thread Jimbo himself says he
hasn't seen any analysis.