[WikiEN-l] Oversight log

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 08:40:28 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, Mark Ryan <ultrablue at gmail.com> wrote:
> We appear to have lose access to the Oversight logs altogether. Is
> there any explanation for this at all? I presume without this slight
> accountability measure in place the oversight privileges have also
> been revoked from those who have them.

Originally the log only showed who had removed an edit and where it
was removed from. It did not show what was removed so it was not that
good for accountability at all. It has now been changes so that it
shows the edit that was deleted. This is much better for
accountability because we can check up on each other. Unfortunately
this means that the log itself has to be kept private. Those people
with oversight can view it. No one else can.

Theresa