[WikiEN-l] New York Times article

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Jun 21 08:09:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:29:32 -0400, "The Cunctator"
<cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:

>Didn't speedy deletion get implemented around the same time or even after
>the change?

Speedy had certainly been around for a while beforehand.

>I guess my point is that Wikipedia is too complicated and big to draw firm
>conclusions from any one's anecdotal experience, and attempts at rigorous
>analysis should be encouraged.

For sure.  On the other hand, when something is widely believed to be
doing more good than harm why not leave it place while we do the
analysis?  An analysis based on the first month would have been
misleading anyway since people have started creating accounts to
document things made up in school one day (but it seems to me to be
much easier to deal with this kind of silliness now).

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG