[WikiEN-l] "the experiment" - did it work?

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 07:30:27 UTC 2006

As I said before, the experiment did cut down on a lot of crap, because some
newbies simply don't want to register and instead post to AFC where we can
nip an article's creation at the core. But unfortunately, not enough people
join in there. Also, knowing that an IP address is likely newbie-ish is no
longer helping new page patrollers as now they sign up for an account.

If we can somehow have signed up accounts tagged as newbie, it might still
work, but however much I was convinced of its workings before, I'm starting
to have doubts now.

Mgm