[WikiEN-l] "the experiment" - did it work?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 23:32:21 UTC 2006

> geni wrote:
> > Problem is that kills one of wikipedia's main attractions.
>
> Not if done carefully, I think.  It may kill the main attraction to
> vandals and POV pushers, but that'd be a good thing. :)

Try thinking away from high profile articles. Lets consider say
[[Biaxial nematic]] which other than the problem that it doesn't
appear to be writen in english is a fairly middle of the road low
profile article.

It is also the top result on google for Biaxial nematic. At the moment
we have rather a nice motivator for people to add stuff to it. Add
stuff and it will be the top hit on google. People will see it. If you
instead say add stuff and people may see it if and when a reviewer
gets round to looking at it (which will be a while since the number of
people we have who understand the subject is probably somewhat
limited) you have lost that motivation.

--
geni