[WikiEN-l] New York Times article

Lord Voldemort lordbishopvoldemort at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 20:25:27 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip] It's
> difficult to tell and Wales isn't particularly interested in doing honest
> critical analyses of the effects of his policies.
[snip]
> This is a complicated matter and neither the NYT, nor Jimmy, nor BoingBoing
> is helping matters by oversimplifying the debate.

Well, to be fair to Jimmy, it really isn't _his_ policy. By framing
the debate with this in mind, I think you too are oversimplifying. ;-)
It was a policy decided by community consensus.

But I would agree with you on some points. As someone who doesn't
really care for WP:SEMI, I think it does place some restrictions on
*how* people can edit, rather than *who*.

Just keep in mind that basically every policy is generated by the
community, and basically every policy places a limit on what we should
do.  But I think it can be argued that these fall under the
"restrictions to make us freer" heading.  --LV