[WikiEN-l] More quotes from AfD

Cobb sealclubbingfun at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:55:52 UTC 2006

>"Steve Bennett", Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:38:14 +0200, wrote:

>This all has the positive side effect of making it easier for people
>expert in one domain to contribute to discussions in their domain.

Making it easier for trekkies to vote on trekkie AFDs... I was
actually thinking more along the lines of ensuring that an
AFD is exposed to a wider selection of Wikipedians. One
criticism of AFDs is that after the second day, the only
people who still bother to vote/comment are those with
an interest in the article. A recent AFD of Star Trek material
had to resort to repeatedly relisting it in order to get
wider exposure... otherwise, it would have just been the
Trekkie voters still hammering away (OMG! Trek article!
Keep! Keep!) despite the subject being 100% original
research.