[WikiEN-l] More quotes from AfD

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:30:45 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Mark Gallagher <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:

> G'day Ilmari,
>
> > "And yes, anything that can be deleted, probably should be deleted,
> > because we must have articles only on truly worthy topics so to continue
> > to be highly regarded by the reading public."
> >

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Resonance_%28MIT%29
> >
> > (I disagree, obviously.  Other than that, I'll let the article and the
> > debate on it speak for themselves.)
>
> I note, though, that neither you nor anyone else who has commented or is
> likely to comment here has seen fit to add your voices to the AfD in
> question.
>
> AfD is doomed: it doesn't, and can't, scale.  But its only *current*
> problems are social.  And those problems won't be solved if the people
> who can recognise the issue and lend a hand aren't willing to get in
> there and do something about it.
>
> Don't like what someone says on AfD?  *Point it out to them*.  Most
> people, even on the Internet, tend to be smart enough to recognise it
> when they're told they're being silly by enough people.  You obviously
> feel strongly about the opinions expressed there --- so why not, instead
> of/in addition to complaining here, also tell them so on the AfD?
>
> This is especially important as Crzrussian has recently become an
> administrator.  He intends to be heavily involved in the deletion
> process.  It's too late to revisit the RfA, so y'all have a choice ---
> he can be a good admin, or he can routinely fuck up anything related to
> deletion he comes across.  I suspect the former is much more likely if
> everyone here who typically complains about this sort of thing is
> willing to *educate*, as well as bitch.
>

> --
> Mark Gallagher
> "What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"
> - Danger Mouse

Mark,

Excellent point. Many people whinge about articles for deletion on this
forum but few people vote.

For the record, I think the Articles for Deletion process gets things right
most of the time. In my view, there are much fewer problems than with speedy
deletion. I am yet to be convinced that there is a better process than
articles for deletion.

Regards

Keith Old