[WikiEN-l] Username blocks on companies

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 08:47:40 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given that we probably want people to identify who they work for,
> especially when editing articles where this is relevant, is it a good
> idea to block company accounts without any edits on sight? If so,

That sounds like the opposite of what we want. Considering that it's
so hard to identify sneaky editors, those that come forth and declare
their POV ought to be encouraged. Also, contrary to some ideas
expressed in this thread, we do not discourage companies from editing
articles about themselves - we just want to supervise the process, and
steer it where necessary.

Steve