[WikiEN-l] New York Times article

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Jun 18 14:40:26 UTC 2006

On 17 Jun 2006 at 20:36, "The Cunctator" <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, I found it quite interesting how Larry Sanger is now lost
> from the official narrative of the creation of Wikipedia. History
> belongs to the victors, I suppose. Although I became one of his most
> active critics during his tenure, he does not deserve to become a
> footnote, or worse, forgotten.

This is ironic, given that Wikipedia is often a place where true
histories of things are given a fair presentation, even where they
differ from the "official corporate history".  See [[Monopoly
(game)]] (not really invented by Charles Darrow), [[McDonald's]] (not
really started by Ray Kroc), and the decades-long battle between
[[Skippy peanut butter]] and [[Skippy (comic strip)]] (ignored in the
corporate history).

--
== Dan ==