[WikiEN-l] newbie culture

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 11:16:16 UTC 2006

On 6/17/06, Arwel Parry <arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I have to differ. I think admins are often far *too* lenient with
> repetitive vandals - I long ago lost count of the number of times I've
> gone to a vandal's talk page to issue a warning and found up to a dozen
> consecutive "final" warnings; in that case I will block immediately
> without any hesitation, and the worse record the vandal has, the longer
> I will block for.

You should check to see whether the {{test4}} templates were left by an
admin or a user. A lot of the time, a user will leave a final warning and
then fail to report the vandal to [[WP:AIV]] for blocking. Or they will
report the user too early and the entry will get removed because they
haven't vandalized since last warning.

Alternatively, some IPs are shared and/or repeat sources of vandalism, so
the warning templates might have been applied to a different user.

Ryan