[WikiEN-l] Why AFD just does not work

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Fri Jun 16 14:50:22 UTC 2006

Cobb wrote:

>Why AFD just does not work, or, what happens when zealots flood a
>"discussion" with keep votes.
>
>* "I can't find this anywhere else"
>
>* "Keep and Cite as per Nscheffey. This page is extremely useful to my
>  Star Wars: Jedi Academy clan, it's no worse than some other sci-fi
>  entries, it just needs citations!"
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lightsabercombat
>
>Will any admin have the brass ones to do the correct thing and delete
>an awful unsalvageable article, or will they count up the votes, wimp
>out, declare "no consensus" or "keep" and let an unencylopedic
>carbuncle survive?

To answer your general question about doing the right thing, the answer
is "Yes, despite whatever the 'new generation' might think". To refer to
your specific case, the decision was correct. I don't see how lightsaber
combat is an unencyclopedic topic. Rather fanboyish? Yes. But
encyclopedic? Hell yes.

John