[WikiEN-l] No big deal?

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:45:23 UTC 2006

On 6/15/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bad reasons I've seen for voting against:
> * Didn't have email set (no one had told him to)

No but it is generaly considered polite to do so.

> * Had a web link in signature (no one had told him not to)

That would generaly be considered to be one of those things you should
just know.

> * Has strong opinions on userboxes

After Cyde it is understandable that people are going to be a little
twitchy about that one.

> * Hasn't done anything stupid

Pretty good reason in fact. Admin powers should go to as many users as
we can trust with them. The ability to avoid doing stupid things is
something I like to se in admins.

> I've also suggested that one or two people should take it upon
> themselves to really study the candidate over several days, going
> through their entire history and producing a short report, which other
> people can base their votes on. Rather than the current system where
> each person independently supposedly checks the history, and probably
> votes based on the first 3 edits they see.
>
> Steve

Or you could encourage people to use my system of only voteing for
people they already know about.

--
geni