[WikiEN-l] No big deal?

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at octa4.net.au
Thu Jun 15 08:34:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:56:46PM +1000, Mark Gallagher wrote:

> G'day Guy,
>
> >Just when you think you've seen it all...
> >
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Herostratus
> <snip/>
> >Others think that his use of non-standard warnings means he doesn't
> >take vandalism seriously enough (does every admin have to be at the
> >forefront of the fight against vandalism?)
> >
> >I can understand people choosing not to vote for admins they don't
> >admire, but opposing on these weird grounds is... well, weird.
>
> Heck, using non-standard warnings (albeit perhaps not as flowery as the
> one cited) is something to be admired, not complained about.
>
> We use the {{testN}} series far too often, and in cases where it's
> inappropriate.  Admins being willing to think for themselves and treat
> the people they speak to as human beings is a Good Thing.

Entirely agree. I took a look at that RfA and thought "Why the hell do
people apply to be admins. Nobody needs to put up with that much crap". i
The process needs improving.

         Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) b_duke at octa4.net.au
       Post: 626 Melbourne Rd, Spotswood, VIC, 3015, Australia
    Phone 03-93992847. http://members.iinet.net.au/~linden1/brian/
Honorary Researcher Fellow, Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry, Monash Univ.