[WikiEN-l] Another (rare) category type

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:31:16 UTC 2006

Came across this one:

[[Category:Football (soccer) terminology]]

The items in the category are not, as you might think, articles about
soccer terms themselves. Rather, they are all concepts related to
soccer, that have been put into this category for the (IMHO dubious)
goal of producing an automatic "glossary" of soccer terms. It would
seem to me that this category could be easily constructed by compiling
all the entries of:

Football (soccer) laws
Football (soccer) culture
...and probably lots of other categories that *should* exist.

I note that entries that are *only* in this category, and in no other
soccer-related articles, are probably missing something. For example,
[[Captain (football)]] really should be in some kind of
"Category:Football (soccer) roles" or something.

Anyway, just something to bear in mind to extend my previous
collection of category types. It could be just a type of thematic
category, but this idea of building a glossary from a category is new
to me.

Taxonomic/attributes (soccer laws)
Thematic (soccer)
Meta-attributes (stubs, 1911 etc)