[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

jareth at crimsonblade.net jareth at crimsonblade.net
Mon Jun 12 19:37:17 UTC 2006

Quoting Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com>:

> The "don't negotiate with terrorists" policy makes sense. But it
> assumes some things. Specifically, it assumes a general means and
> policy of defense. "Millions for defense, but not one cent for
> tribute" makes sense because of the millions for defense. Yes, the US
> doesn't negotiate with terrorists. It also invades their countries
> and murders them.

Yes, it does make sense.  Negotiating implies that you have an honorable and
sane person whom you can reasonably expect to follow through on their
promises.
That's certainly not what we have in Brandt.

> If Wikipedia is adopting a policy of not negotiating with terrorists,
> fine. But if it won't protect us that way, it has moral obligation to
> protect us some other way. A negative answer doesn't cut it here. If
> we're not negotiating with Brandt to get rid of Hive Mind, what are
> we doing? Because "nothing" isn't an acceptable answer.

Unfortunately, he's attacking the community, not the entity.  Legally,
there may
not be much Wikipedia can do.  I've contacted my local prosecutor who's
reviewing Hivemind, WR and things that have happened to me personally.  In the
end, I'm not certain whether anything will come of it or not, but I'm
trying. I guess the question becomes - what is the rest of the
*community* doing?

Shell Kinney