[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 11 18:47:28 UTC 2006

Joe Anderson wrote:
> Surely is Brandt comitting a criminal offense?
>
> I think the article should be deleted, as articles are often deleted after
> the request of the subject.

I think deleting the article would be bad. Firstly, I believe we only
delete articles on request of the subject when that request causes us to
take a hard look at it and realize that it should be deleted _anyway._
An awful lot of stuff on Wikipedia needs to get done but doesn't until
someone draws attention to it. But secondly and more importantly, I'm
sure a lot of the loonie trolls on Wikipedia know of Brandt's site and
can easily get a hold of copies of it before it goes down. They'd know
afterwards that all they have to do to win their own personal wars would
be to put up a mirror and make the same deal.

If the problem is that admins didn't know the risks they took by
becoming admins, how about updating the pages about adminship to discuss
this particular possibility? Any admins who became admins before this
incident can always request de-adminship if they don't think the risk is
worth it any more.