[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 17:54:55 UTC 2006

On 6/11/06, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Sean Barrett wrote:
> >
> > See also Terrorists#negotiating with
>
> I agree. And I made that decision for myself when I switched to using
> my real name on Wikipedia.
>
> But that's not a decision Wikipedia has the right to make for me. It
> is not a government, and I am not its citizen.

But it will only make things worse, though.  Brandt is neither
particularly well-connected nor particularly unique in his talents,
such as they are; and I have little doubt that secondary copies of the
Hivemind pages exist.  What you're proposing is open season on
blackmailing Wikipedia -- whether to obtain deletion or (even worse!)
actual changes to articles -- by anyone who can threaten to put up
admins' personal information.

--
Kirill Lokshin