[WikiEN-l] Category translation

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 07:19:56 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> I honestly don't know if this is the case. But I'm betting that, to
> some degree, it is... or it is enough to screw up any kind of
> cross-project categorisation program.

Probably the basic obscacle is that one article supposedly equals one
topic. In reality it's far from the case for almost every article -
articles on obscure authors cover their works, articles on cities
cover their sights etc.

Also, as mentioned, when articles carve information up at right-angles
to each other, you're basically just stuffed. A set of historical
articles on a region mapping onto a set of geographical articles, each
with its own history, for the same region, is just doomed.

Steve