[WikiEN-l] AFC needs your help!

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Wed Jun 7 11:57:08 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro schrieb:
> On 5/22/06, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear RC patrollers and vandal hunters,
>>
>> This is a desperate plea for help!
>>
>> The few people who work at "Articles For Creation" are getting overworked.
>> They almost can't keep up with the new requests and a lot of dubious
>> submission are left
>> with no idea how to handle them. Even worse, occasionally
>> "Wikipedia:Articles for creation"
>> and "Wikipedia:Articles for creation/Today" get blanked by a newbie who
>> isn't reading the
>> instructions. Unfortunately, those blankings aren't always discovered in
>> time, and this way
>> a lot of good submissions are missed. Once they get archived, they're almost
>> never touched.
>>

> Why not set up a system where each article proposed for creation
> exists as a separate page.  And there could be a special page set up
> which points to each of them.  This special page could list the date
> and time created, the name of the proposed page, the number of bytes
> of the page, and the username or  IP address of the proposer.

My Tasks extension handles requests for creation, with the date the task
was submitted, and the IP of the submitter. Tasks can be sorted by
creation date, and assigned to people. Each task can have its own
discussion page.

Besides, it could handle requests for deletion, stub notes
(automatically categorized), etc.

Currently, however, it is sitting unmaintained in the extensions module,
since noone gives a s**t. Business as usual.

Magnus