[WikiEN-l] Types of categories

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Jun 6 21:13:42 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Roger Luethi <collector at hellgate.ch> wrote:
> I see two major problems with the status quo:
> * multi-concept categories (American child actors) force us to maintain a
>   complex system of subcategories (but they paper over shortcoming in the
>   software). The German WP shows it doesn't have to be this way, but
>   it might be difficult to convince people on WP:en until Mediawiki can
>   create intersections

Convincing people won't just require that intersections can be created
by hand, but that the common intersections can be kept easily at hand.

The benefit would be great, though.  You could get to "Polish female
nobel prize winners" by navigating "People -> Polish people -> Female
Polish People -> Polish female nobel prize winners" or "People ->
Females -> Polish females -> Polish female nobel prize winners" or any
of the other combinations.