[WikiEN-l] [[WP:OURS]] - A proposal for admin-user relations

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:41:44 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Scott Stevenson <wikinetscott at gmail.com> wrote:

> George Willaim Herbert,
> While I understand your concerns about "thougthcrime" the only precedent
> that might exist here is that a page created by a banned user through
> proxy
> was deleted. Pages created by banned users can be speedy deleted under
> [[WP:CSD#General_criteria]] general criteria #5. Discussion about a
> proposal
> isn't verboten (and in fact on one of the the original threads started by
> Resid Gulerdem there is indeed a very lively ongoing discussion).
> Hope that helps you to better understand this.

I understand the policy, but the effect is apparently to limit that
discussion to Wikien-L and not on WP itself.

Is that the (big picture) right thing to do?

Would Raphael paraphrasing the whole WP:OURS page instead of just cutting
and pasting it get around the current GFDL issue, or is the very existence
of a WP:OURS page forbidden forever now since Resid got himself banned,
requiring a retitle as well?  If Raphael retitled and paraphrased/rewrote
from scratch the proposal, would that still be banned in your
interpretation?

Again, this commentary is NOT any kind of support for WP:OURS.  I'm just
uncomfortable with how the proposal's being treated at the moment.

--
-george william herbert
gherbert at retro.com / george.herbert at gmail.com