[WikiEN-l] [[WP:OURS]] - A proposal for admin-user relations

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 19:25:52 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Scott Stevenson <wikinetscott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry Raphael but you are wrong this isn't about a personal vendetta but
> moreso about an editor who was just bad for Wikipedia. Seeing [[User:Metta
> Bubble]] ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Metta_Bubble ) depart the
> project as a result of Resid Gulerdem's bad influence on Wikipedia really
> sealed my view that he was indeed bad. Your continued support of him
> really
> puzzles me and I really can't understand it. The only thing that makes me
> think you are so inclined to support him is that he like yourself supports
> altering the display characteristics of the Jyllands-Posten cartoons
> (censoring them) and you're not keen to see a supportive view go away
> (meaning you have personal reasons for him staying on). Such continued
> support is less than logical in view of Resid Gulerdem's repeated and
> independently natured Wikipedia violations that saw him become banned.

I am worried about the apparent precedent here, that because some idea or
proposal originated with a now-banned user, it must be permanently verboten
as a point for ongoing discussion.

I neither agree with Resid's actions that got him banned, nor with WP:OURS,
but I don't like the precedent.  See other thread and thoughtcrime...

--
-george william herbert
gherbert at retro.com / george.herbert at gmail.com