[WikiEN-l] Psychology of problem Wikipedians: excessive "need for cognition"

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 04:18:17 UTC 2006

John Lee wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:
>
>> Karl A. Krueger wrote:
>>

>>> When people attempt to explain other people's actions in terms of
>>> psychological disorders or oddities, it seems to me that it often
>>> reflects a lack of respect or human sympathy for the people thus
>>> diagnosed.
>>>

>> [snip long post not addressing the point at all]
>>

>> Gosh, I guess that means we can't call obvious problem cases obvious
>> problem cases, and certainly can't try to address the actual problem,
>> because it might be rude to do so. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>

>> - d.
>>

> On a similar topic, I would like to know if anyone has added "Wikipedia
> is not a counseling or rehabilitation centre" to [[WP:NOT]] yet.

I added it[1], but I was reverted[2]. I still can't find where on the
talk page it was discussed though.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:What_Wikipedia_is_not&diff=prev&oldid=54686404
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:What_Wikipedia_is_not&diff=next&oldid=54696242