[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 18:07:55 UTC 2006

Here's a tip: When two dozen people complain about your unilateral
decisions to delete things or what have you, you should consider
re-opening it up to discussion, rather than insisting on your
correctness.

Blundering into a controversy is one thing. Exacerbating it by
refusing the recognize that there are other, valid takes on it, is
another thing. You could head these things off way before they became
RFCs if you weren't so damned stubborn, arrogant, and uncompromising,
in my frank opinion.

Howabout this as a general rule: if more than two reasonable admins
with good track records find your unilateral action to be a bad idea,
why not cede to the process? None of these things (userboxes,
signatures) are so hazardous that they will endanger the encyclopedia
if normal process is allowed to be run thorugh. Cutting people off in
a show of questionable judgment only builds antagonism, not good will.

But I'm sure you already know my opinions on these things, and will
disregard them as usual.

FF