[WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales - Admin-driven death of Wikipedia

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 10:11:15 UTC 2006

> BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> > It is not. A user named Saladin1970 was recently indefinitely banned
> > by administrators because his political views was diametrically
> > opposite to theirs.
>
> Ai yi yi.  I think you should take another look at this case.  I see no
> reason to think that political views had anything to do with it.

Then I guess you missed the dozens posts accusing Saladin 1970 of
being an Anti-Semite, Islamist and Al-Qaeida supporter? Did you also
miss SlimVirgin's statement, part of which reads "If the Arbitration
Committee hears appeals from every racist, anti-Semitic, and
Islamophobic account that's blocked after 20 edits for trying to
insert bigotry into Wikipedia..."?

Sorry, but I think it is you that should take a second look. It would
be enough to just skim through the recent threads to see how vile and
ridiculous (i.e: abumahza = Al-Qaeida) the motivations for
indefinitely banning Saladin1970 has been.

--
mvh Björn