[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 09:01:37 UTC 2006

George Herbert wrote:

> My objection in short: "Fuck process" is, here and now, more of a problem
> for Wikipedia than any of the individual wrongs Tony has righted using
> that
> justification, of late.  Playing well with others is more important now.

Except that some people appear to see "playing with others" as their main
purpose in life: they regard Wikipedia as their playground before it is a
serious encyclopedia, or indeed an encyclopedia of any stripe.

THAT is the problem, and since this kind of person loves to hide behind
smothering and complicated process, "fuck process" is sometimes the only way
to deal with them expeditiously.

When you have a maroon who wants to argue over whether their Miranda Warning
is printed in an appropriate font, simply slinging them in the river is
frankly less time-consuming and in the long run better for the project. If,
when they haul themselves out dripping wet, they wish to continue the
argument, slinging them back in until they get the message is the only
kindness that should be extended to them. Some of them should be attached to
heavy weights[1] to increase the periods between re-emergence.

HTH HAND
--
Phil
[1] Y'all are aware that I'm being metaphorical here, right? Because I'd