[WikiEN-l] "refactoring" signatures (was: cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox)

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 5 04:08:06 UTC 2006

George: you might as well give it up.  Yes, Tony has an attitude
problem (he proved as much when he declared "I don't have an
attitude problem"), but: he is never ever in a million years
going to admit it.  I still haven't decided if it's because he's
constitutionally incapable of realizing it, or because he loves
playing coy and making points.  Anyway, I agree, it's annoying as
hell sometimes, but the consensus seems to be that his good
points make up for his bad points, so we mostly put up with him.

Tony: I agree, cutsie sigs are as annoying as hell, too, but: are
they *really* that big a problem in the grand scheme of things?
Worth raising this much ruckus over?  Surely someone who's been
editing Wikipedia as long as you have is adept enough with a mouse
cursor in an edit window to skip nimbly over and around them as
necessary.  Let the kiddies have their fun; they're not hurting
anyone or impressing anyone who matters, anyway.