[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 02:14:27 UTC 2006

On 6/5/06, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well obviously I don't know I'm going to piss someone off until I do.

So you admit you don't really understand wikipedians?

> However  refactoring does solve a real problem.

With the shear number of sigs out there no it does not.

> Of course they'll be
> pissed off; if they didn't think that their signatures were more
> important than the discussion, they wouldn't have unnecessarily
> cluttered the discussion page.

More they don't think they are a problem. If you show that you respect
them enough to talk to them about changeing thier sigs they are less
likely to be anoyed.

> While it doesn't solve their problem,
> it does solve *wikipedia's* problem.   Wikipedians should take
> reasonable steps to avoid treading on toes, but should not go out of
> their way to bow to unreasonable demands.

Asking that you respect people enough to talk to them first is not a
completely unreasonable demand.

--
geni