[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 01:43:21 UTC 2006

On 6/4/06, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have an attitude problem.  I don't have to piss people off.
> However it seems to me that some people are queuing up to be pissed
> off over trivia.  There is no substance to the complaint.
>
> And that is quite a different situation.

It's not trivia to them, Tony.

Whether in the greater scheme of things it's a trivial matter, whether what
you're doing is the best course for WP in the long term... don't matter.

The way you're approaching the problem is pissing people off.  Other admins
aren't pissing people off over this probem.  It's gotten bad enough that
someone RfC'ed you over it.

Purity of heart and the best of intentions for the long term interests of WP
don't justify abusing people.  The ends don't justify the means.  They
particularly don't justify the means over such a trivial matter.

--
-george william herbert
gherbert at retro.com / george.herbert at gmail.com