[WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales - Admin-driven death of Wikipedia

Resid Gulerdem resid_gulerdem at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 21:56:25 UTC 2006

>From: Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com>
>To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales -
Admin-driven death of Wikipedia
>Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:00:13 -0500
>
>This is why there is a perception that at times there
have been
>conflicts between "admins" and "the community".  In
the past, there was
>no question at all that "the community" and "the
admins" were just about
>exactly the same people.
>
>--Jimbo

   The admins are only part of the community now and
will stay like that in the future, as far as I can
see. Are some modifications needed in your opinion? I
believe the answer is yes. I do not know if you could
see the proposal [[WP:OURS]] I posted on this list
recently. I think it can be useful and can be
developed further. I tried to outline some important
points which may reduce the conflicts between the
admins and the users. If you saw it, do you think it
is feasible?
   Best,
   Resid