[WikiEN-l] status qou vs reform

Resid Gulerdem resid_gulerdem at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 3 10:02:55 UTC 2006

>Message: 6
>Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:05:09 +1000
>From: "Peter Ansell" <ansell.peter at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion
review of the
<a1be7e0e0606011805x7203ed79i526f32d1ae3ef1d0 at mail.gmail.com>

wrote:
> > On 6/1/06, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:

enough that they RfC him
> > > over
> > >
> > > George, if I breathe someone gets pissed off.
This isn't normally
> > > regarded as a cause for concern.
> > >

> > No, actually, your day to day stuff only ruffles
people's feathers.

> > Your attitude that it's ok to do that is annoying.
> >
> > Your attitude that it's ok to move beyond that
into actually pissing them
> > off, and doing things like rejecting RfCs out of
hand merely because they're
> > silly, is a serious problem.
> >
> > If people are actively pissed off at the way
you're behaving it is a serious
> > problem.  You are the single most active visible
WP admin a lot of the time,
> > and you're going around causing disruption and
conflict throughout the
> > community, and acting proud of it.  What, exactly,
do you think that sends
> > as a message to new editors?
> >
> > It is not ok to go around pissing people off.  It
is important to figure out
> > how to get things done without pissing them off.
> >

>Well said, And to think that people are worrying
about "possible
>polemical" effects and ignoring the deeper problems
with the wikipedia
>community structure.
>
>Peter Ansell

   I think one should not expect any action, in
general, from the people who are well fed by the
current structure which makes them feel superior, make
any attempt towards a bit of change. It is a
sociological principle that status quo always resists
to the reforms. The community needs to take initiative
in that direction. [[WP:OURS]] was a humble example of
such efforts waiting for the community involvement.
   Resid