[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 07:37:44 UTC 2006

Andrew Gray wrote:

> Somewhere downthread, I notice the comparison to hospital staff
> wearing tags describing their political affiliation. Yes, there is an
> ethical difference between one of the nurses handing out boxes of
> little badges they made at home to their colleagues, versus an
> administrator handing out packets of them to staff.

If the Hospital is able to reply "one of the staff knocked them up on their
own initiative and at their own expense" this has a very different context
to "those were prepared here in the Hospital using official resources, at
official expense".

For one thing, the former would make it a simple matter of discipline at
most, if the disciplinary code even covered such a situation, whereas the
latter might well be a sackable offence.

HTH HAND
--
Phil