[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 09:48:56 UTC 2006

On 6/1/06, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter at gmail.com> wrote:

> So we can promote things only if they are not divisive and
> inflammatory in American English Christian culture?

No, this is an encyclopedia.  We do not promote ANYTHING.

However, if we're going to have to debate this issue thousands of
times (roughly once per five userboxes removed, I suspect) then at
least we can weed out the obviously absurd reviews.  Such as those
that should be rejected on other grounds, even if people are prepared
to pack polls and vote against "What Wikipedia is NOT".