[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is 30 times more popular than sex (actually: 34 times)

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 15:25:47 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's bizarre. I did a search for "sex" (with trepidation - I'm at
> work) and didn't see any links to Wikipedia. It's also strange that so
> many companies go to such a lot of work to get in the top few results
> for "sex", while we apparently get in quite easily, with no effort?

Search on google.com for "sex" -
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-18,GGGL:de&q=Sex

1. www.sxetc.org/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
2. www.salon.com/sex/index.html - 22k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
3. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex - 41k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_intercourse - 52k - Cached - Similar
pages - Note this
4. www.playboy.com/ - 50k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this