[WikiEN-l] technical Issue with Firefox 2.0 beta

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 02:10:57 UTC 2006

While I haven't used Firefox 2, I can assure you that this is NOT the
case. Thunderbird (which is based on basically the same codebase) has
an excellent spellchecker, and I am sure that they use basically the
same code for the Firefox one (why reinvent the wheel and all that).
It has support for all languages you can imagine, just download the
dictionary like you download any extension. I personally have the
English (the US version, but there are others), French, German and
Swedish dictionaries installed and can switch between them with ease.

You know, when it comes to firefox, you really should assume good
faith (which, as I've recently discovered, not only works as an
editorial policy, but is also a pretty decent life-philosophy). The
Mozilla foundation are (is?) one the good guys! Open source,
multilingual, community-developed with people from all over the globe,
free and forkable, endlessly customizable, run by a non-profit
organization......does it remind you of any other project you might
have heard of?