[WikiEN-l] "Exclusion" essay

SonOfYoungwood at aol.com SonOfYoungwood at aol.com
Tue Jul 25 04:46:44 UTC 2006

In a message dated 7/24/2006 11:43:15 PM Central Standard Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

You  can't trust the fan sites.  And there's so much being produced that
it's difficult for even a site that limits itself to one genre to keep
up.  We have chosen to comprehensively attempt a documentation of all
genres to the point where many would see us as leading the pack in such
things.  Other, more "serious" subjects are still doing respectably
well, but our greatest success is in what many people see as  trivial.
We still demand NPOV on these articles, but can be more  relaxed about
original research. The good secondary material is just not  there, and
you don't maintain a lead by waiting for other sites or books  to put
something decent together.

Absolutely. Some of our video game featured articles are some of the  best
game sources on the internet. They don't go into excess detail, but they  cover
the key aspects of development, story, gameplay, and reception. If one is
patient enough, encyclopedic articles will flourish out of the most crufty main
articles.

| Tyler | Zorin Deckiller |
| Wikipedia Administrator |  Former SWU member |
| _http://www.myspace.com/redsectora_ (http://www.myspace.com/redsectora)   |