[WikiEN-l] POV fork anyone? (coca cola)

Philosophus unknownphysicist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 17:03:57 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett <stevagewp at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>   I'm surprised no one else has noticed this one. We have an
> archetypical POV fork (see [[Wikipedia:POV fork]]) at [[The Coca-Cola
> Company]]. I was suspicious that it's so positive ("Corporate
> citizenship" and all the rest of it). It turns out all the criticism
> has been moved to [[Criticism of Coca-Cola]]. And to top it off, the
> criticism article isn't even linked from the main one!
>
> Anyone feel like investigating a bit? How did this come to be? I'd
> love a good conspiracy theory...
>
> Steve

I've been trying to fix this particular problem after I noticed this email. If
some of you who are discussing the more general issue here could also help with
the discussion and impending edit war on [[The Coca-Cola Company]], it would be
greatly appreciated. The NPOVing changes are meeting some resistance, and some
editors don't even want to allow {{POV}} tags in the article.

As for the more general issue, perhaps we need a new and more specific guideline
on this, or at least some changes to [[WP:POV fork]] to address the issue more
specifically?

Philosophus